To follow Christ in a life of discipleship and ministry using his leadership gifts in concert with the church staff to lead the church in fulfilling the Great Commission; introducing young people to Christ; discipling them for spiritual growth; training them in serving Christ with their life; and assisting parents/guardians in raising their children to a wholesome maturity as well as overseeing and supporting activities entrusted to senior leadership of each Christian education/youth program.
SUPERVISOR: The Lead Pastor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
The Student Minister is a vital part of FBC ministries and of the overall Christian education of our students ranging from grade school through college. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop an overall student evangelism strategy to reach the youth of our community.
- Create a strategy to develop an effective social media presence for the youth ministry.
- Enlist volunteer workers for student ministry positions while supervising AWANA, Vacation Bible School, UPWARDS sports, etc.
- Partner and build relationships with parents/guardians, local schools and colleges, churches and community organizations to be a champion for children and youth in Knox County to strengthen school campus ministries and events for students (First Priority, See You at the Pole, True Love Waits, DNow, etc.).
- Provide leadership to the College Council in forming a ministry strategy to impact the campus of Union College for Christ.
- Coordinate weekly student ministry meetings, specifically working with middle and high school students, by providing authentic worship opportunities for youth.
- Form an annual youth ministry budget proposal and administer this budget yearly.
- Plan and facilitate annual youth mission opportunities such as Kentucky Changers, Student Leadership University, and other local mission projects.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies and practices in support of weekly services, events, and activities by maintaining and enforcing all policies related to safe environments.
- Provide pastoral care to members. Activities include: home and hospital visitation, crisis ministry to members, weddings, funerals, preaching as requested by the Lead Pastor, and sharing on-call rotations with the Lead Pastor.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Lead Pastor.
The Student Minister must have the following qualifications:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and support of the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
- Demonstrate evidence of being able to clearly communicate God’s gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Passion for inspiring youth and building relationships.
- Minimal 1-year experience in youth or student ministries.
- Strong organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Preferred (but not mandatory) Master’s Degree from a seminary.
- Strong discipleship emphasis.
- Preferred that the Student Minister will be married.
POSITION HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
This position is full-time and requires the number of hours needed to accomplish the job. Based on qualifications and experience, the compensation package will range from: $28,000 to $45,000.